With the frustrations of the pedal Box and having to shell out for a new clutch and flywheel on the daily, progress has been slow…actually non existent.
So today I sucked it up and went and did some measuring for the interior panels and boot floor.
I experimented with cutting straight lines on some scrap ally sheet I had lying around. I tried a nibbler I bought yonks ago, a jigsaw and a good old fashioned hacksaw, but nothing gave me a satisfactory straight line. So I’ve decided to get the sheet guillotine cut instead.
I popped down to http://www.aldensheetmetal.co.uk with some dodgy fat packet sketches a very professional hardboard template (the top tunnel was just too many planes for my basic maths) and my best negotiating skills.
And for £40 ill be picking up the following on Saturday morning..
2 x side panels 1.2mm
2 x tunnel side panels 1.2mm
1 x top tunnel panel 1.2mm
1 x “boot floor” 2mm
I’ll upload the pictures when I get them, and plan to powder coat them in satin black when I get the chassis done.
I’ll also need to get the floor panels cut at some time, but they will have an overhang to support the side pods and I havnt worked out how big this needs to be yet.